How to Live and Learn in Reserve Residences at Case Western Reserve University

Reserve residences are an important part of the college experience at Case Western Reserve University. They offer students a sense of belonging and help them develop a strong community of peers while preparing for their next steps in life.

Residents in these communities are also responsible for organizing events and programs that benefit their fellow students, as well as the community at large. Resident Assistants (RAs) are undergraduate students at CWRU who want to make sure that every student is able to enjoy their time here on campus.

RAs are students first and they will work closely with you to build a community that meets your academic, social and emotional needs. They will be your guides, your mentors and your friends as you navigate the challenges of life at CWRU.

Residential colleges are designed to create an environment that supports students in a way that is unique to their major or career interests. They place first year students next door to classmates that share their major, and they provide opportunities for learning outside of the classroom by offering a variety of support services and resources.

The Residential Colleges Program offers a variety of housing options to fit your budget, academic and social needs, and goals for the semester or the year. These include:

During the fall and spring semesters, students can apply for housing in a particular hall using their Student ID number. To apply, students must submit a $270 non-refundable contract fee and a $63 non-refundable activity fee. The application can be submitted online.

These fees must be paid before students can move into their residences. In addition to these fees, residents are required to purchase a housing contract for each quarter that they are enrolled in. The contract can be found in myHousing and is due prior to the beginning of the school year.

Space Requests

To request a room for an event, complete the Request to Use a Residential Space form and submit it to DCL. The form will be reviewed by the Business Operations Supervisor and if approved, you will receive an email confirmation of your request. You will then have up to three days to move forward with your request for a room.

All requests must be submitted at least three business days before the scheduled event. You may contact DCL with any questions before submitting your request.

University Housing spaces are available for student organization meetings and events on a space-by-space basis, subject to availability. If your group plans to have a meeting or event that includes any alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, you must follow all policies for on-campus student conduct. If any policy is not followed, you will be denied the privilege to use this space and any associated costs may be assessed to your requesting student organization.

Please read the information provided on the Request to Use a Residential Space page before submitting your request. It will help you ensure your request is successful.